education & academics
Significant relevant features of ecodb:
- Identification of ‘primary license holder’ with Administrator privileges to enhance data security and control over data within the ecodb license to protect legacy data gathering.
- Support for both individual, team or collaborative projects.
- Providing a professional interface for storage and sharing for team based projects.
- Ability to monitor standardized parameters, with each parameter belonging to one or more ‘categories’ for ease of search, e.g. category for citizen monitoring of water quality parameters such as pH, temperature or turbidly etc., where these same parameters could also belong to a different category of parameters to measure.
- The calibration relationships available, and their application, foster a strong grasp of the mathematics behind environmental monitoring and the ability to establish a proxy for monitoring the behavior of a parameter.
- Visual representation of data collection points (via Google Earth), with data sets selected via various filters and countries.
- Publish original research data results to the public domain (supported free by ecodb), with acknowledgement of data set owner and links available to various social media to enable continual contact with project team.
- Ease of deployment of standards based and specialized environmental data base system that facilitates team based learning and following of results through links to social media.
- Enables ease of publication of selected data sets, and acknowledgment of data set team or individual original owner, potentially with data quality certification.
Major benefits of these ecodb features:
- Virtually unlimited sub-accounts within each ecodb license facilitates extremely low unit cost ecodb team-based participation.
- Identification of social media links within information on environmental projects to support the interaction between various groups with common interests and ideas.
- Ability to publish results of projects to the Public Domain, and receive feedback via social media links provided.
- Ability to publish to the Public Domain the final results of academic research, with a quality certification document to authentic these results, and with acknowledgement of the original author embedded within the data sets published.
- Ability to rapidly upload data sets into your ecodb data sets from your desktop and/or from the ecodb supported Public Domain.
- Fosters ‘ecopreneurship’ through positive feedback from the public on data sets that are in demand.
- Creates a learning experience that encourages new ideas and approaches to environmental management, the impact on the global environment, and ‘ecopreneurship’.
- Potential sponsorship of ecodb licenses via third party sponsors facilitated by ecodb.
- Ability to create a unique set of data assets for the public good, and for posterity.
Supports collaborative e-projects, and engages the community.
- Ecodb licences can be partially or fully sponsored by third parties.
- Licences can be suspended, and hence payments, while the published data is still continually available for sharing.
- Mulitple environmental projects can be supported by a single ecodb licence, hence enabling further sharing of costs between projects.
- New ecodb features continually being developed and available at no cost to licencees.
- We welcome requests for new features that can be made available to all ecodb licencees.
- Projects can be featured in our partner organization and published world-wide, Environment News Service.